- Feds Use Instagram To Arrest Over 350 Drug Dealers &… SMH...these idiots just never learn!? The DEA used drug dealer's… (1,661,155)
- LMAO…Ghostface Killah’s 3rd Annual Top 10… Ayo whattup yall its ya boy Tony Starks aka The… (1,357,760)
- Hasidic Neighborhood Exposed As Top Section 8 Beneficiary… There are many misconceptions as to which communities actually benefit… (437,213)
- NY Woman Infects Over 40 Men with HIV Virus Because She Was… As if you needed any more reasons to practice safe… (330,335)
- Teen’s Video About Wearing Suit & Ties To Defy… This is an inspiring story of a few teens who… (296,848)
- Chemist Says They’re Putting Chemicals In the Food To… Professor Tyrone Hayes has a very controversial theory about homosexuality… (296,555)
- Single Father & His 7 Children Found Dead After Father… SMDH...now this is a very sad story. A Maryland father… (282,980)
- Medical Examiner Rules Death of Baltimore Man Body Slammed… SMH...they tried to lie and say he choked on drugs… (251,815)
- Creflo Dollar Says God Told Him To Endorse Donald Trump… Controversial televangelist and pastor Creflo Dollar recently announced that he… (219,959)
- Popular posts by Top 10 plugin
17-Year-Old H.S. Student Jahmir Smith Offered 33 Full-Ride Scholarships
Who says jocks have to be dumb? Today’s “Good News of the Day” comes courtesy of a young man by the name of Jahmir Smith who is doing big things both on and off of his high school football field! Check out the details below…
The 17-year-old North Carolina native has already been accepted into all eight Ivy League schools and has received 33 full-ride scholarship offers, according to ABC 11 Eyewitness News.
While Smith has a 4.43 GPA at Lee County High School and an impressive ACT score, The News & Observer reported that he’s also constantly being contacted by college football recruiters for his athleticism, receiving hundreds of texts from Division I coaches.
Smith, who started playing football in middle school, has a composite three-star rating out of five on the sports website 247sports.com. Additionally, he was chosen as 2016’s News & Observer’s Metro Football pick after scoring 41 touchdowns and running 2,130 yards in one season.
Smith told HuffPost that while he doesn’t plan on making a career out of football, he’s certainly willing to give the NFL a shot.
“It’s fast money,” he said. “But I don’t want it as a career because it would take a toll on my body.”
He added that if he doesn’t make the NFL, he wants to explore the medical field, specifically anesthesiology. In whatever he pursues, Smith is aware he’ll face challenges because of his race. But that’s not stopping him in the least bit.
“I know the odds are against me because of my skin tone and all, but I don’t really let it get to me,” he said. “I just stay to myself and try to help those around me. I’ve always understood since I was little that people would see me different.”
You can thank Smith’s mom for his unyielding attitude.
“She raised me through all the hardships she faced and helped me stay on track to [get] where I am today,” he said. “Without her I don’t know where I’d be now.”
For Smith, “now” happens to be a pretty good place. He’s still considering all of the 33 schools and is hoping to receive a scholarship offer from Clemson University. – via huffingtonpost
This is great news! We love the fact that he isn’t putting all his eggs in the football basket and exploring a career in medicine. Congratulations to Jahmir for this tremendous achievement and we wish him nothing but the best!
Powered by Facebook Comments