- Feds Use Instagram To Arrest Over 350 Drug Dealers &… SMH...these idiots just never learn!? The DEA used drug dealer's… (1,660,266)
- LMAO…Ghostface Killah’s 3rd Annual Top 10… Ayo whattup yall its ya boy Tony Starks aka The… (1,356,203)
- Hasidic Neighborhood Exposed As Top Section 8 Beneficiary… There are many misconceptions as to which communities actually benefit… (436,722)
- NY Woman Infects Over 40 Men with HIV Virus Because She Was… As if you needed any more reasons to practice safe… (330,150)
- Teen’s Video About Wearing Suit & Ties To Defy… This is an inspiring story of a few teens who… (296,717)
- Chemist Says They’re Putting Chemicals In the Food To… Professor Tyrone Hayes has a very controversial theory about homosexuality… (296,055)
- Single Father & His 7 Children Found Dead After Father… SMDH...now this is a very sad story. A Maryland father… (282,903)
- Medical Examiner Rules Death of Baltimore Man Body Slammed… SMH...they tried to lie and say he choked on drugs… (251,800)
- Creflo Dollar Says God Told Him To Endorse Donald Trump… Controversial televangelist and pastor Creflo Dollar recently announced that he… (218,975)
- Popular posts by Top 10 plugin
7 Year-Old Author Michelle Nkamankeng Named In Global Top 10 List of Youngest Writers!
November 21, 2016 Word On Da Street No comments
Today’s “Good News of the Day” involves a 7-year-old from South Africa by the name of Michelle Nkamankeng. Michelle is only in 2nd grade and she has already made history by making it into the global top 10 list of youngest writers! Check out the amazing details below…
At an age when most girls her age are either still preoccupied with playing with Barbie or watching cartoons on TV, seven year-old South African grade two learner, Michelle Nkamankeng is concerned with a totally different hobby, writing books.
The young writer recently published her first book, Waiting for the Waves, which has catapulted her onto a prestigious list.
Nkamankeng was added onto the list of the top 10 youngest writers in the world and she becomes the youngest author from Africa to be listed, a remarkable achievement worth to be celebrated.
The book was launched last week at Wits University in Johannesburg, this was the second launch following the inaugural one held last month (September) at her school, Chapel Theatre of Sacred Heart College.
According to Michelle’s Twitter account, which is managed by her mother Laurentine Nkamankeng, the seven year-old writer says, “My dream is to inspire young children to believe in themselves”.
Waiting for the Waves is a story inspired by a family visit to the beach. The experience taught Michelle to confront and conquer her fear of the huge waves after she receives encouragement from her family.
The book is the first of a four-part series and Michelle’s books will be published over the next few years. – via thisisafrica
Now this is the kind of news we like to hear! Congratulations to Michelle on this tremendous accomplishment! We’ll be keeping an eye out for this young lady because she’s definitely destined to do big things!
Powered by Facebook Comments