- Feds Use Instagram To Arrest Over 350 Drug Dealers &… SMH...these idiots just never learn!? The DEA used drug dealer's… (1,660,603)
- LMAO…Ghostface Killah’s 3rd Annual Top 10… Ayo whattup yall its ya boy Tony Starks aka The… (1,357,008)
- Hasidic Neighborhood Exposed As Top Section 8 Beneficiary… There are many misconceptions as to which communities actually benefit… (437,001)
- NY Woman Infects Over 40 Men with HIV Virus Because She Was… As if you needed any more reasons to practice safe… (330,206)
- Teen’s Video About Wearing Suit & Ties To Defy… This is an inspiring story of a few teens who… (296,752)
- Chemist Says They’re Putting Chemicals In the Food To… Professor Tyrone Hayes has a very controversial theory about homosexuality… (296,223)
- Single Father & His 7 Children Found Dead After Father… SMDH...now this is a very sad story. A Maryland father… (282,918)
- Medical Examiner Rules Death of Baltimore Man Body Slammed… SMH...they tried to lie and say he choked on drugs… (251,802)
- Creflo Dollar Says God Told Him To Endorse Donald Trump… Controversial televangelist and pastor Creflo Dollar recently announced that he… (219,767)
- Popular posts by Top 10 plugin
Artist Spotlight: Leroy Brown- Gift & The Curse Official Video
Being a part of the entertainment industry has always been a dream for Leroy Lloyd Stennett Jr who goes by the stage moniker Leroy Brown. Born in Corona Queens, New York, Leroy was given the moniker by a family member who was a fan of American folk rock singer Jim Croce who wrote the song “Bad, Bad Leroy Brown and ever since then the name has stuck. Since a young age Leroy has been influenced by Rhythm and Blues, Rock n Roll, Hip Hop as well as Reggae. Being from a Jamaican family as well as having an aunt (Beverly Kelso) who sang for Bob Marley and The Wailers he was exposed to Reggae music early on in his life which made a major impact on his musical tastes….
Leroy knew early on where his passions lie and it was in music. He began to formulate what had been a street dream into reality and began to pursue his musical aspirations. As fate would have it Leroy reconnected with his childhood friend Kevin Pough aka Jo-Yce .At the time Jo-Yce worked for his cousin who ran a marketing and promotions company called DigiWaxx Media and from that vital connection Leroy began to put pieces to his master plan together. Through DigiWaxx Leroy was able to network in the music industry and meet a lot of the key players in the game. Leroy also played an integral role in breaking new artists such as rapper Mims, reggae artist I-Wayne as well as rapper Smitty. Through his interaction with the artists he came across, Leroy began to contemplate a musical career of his own. From this dream birthed the singles “Get down low” and “Chocolate Girl” which were heavy on the mixtape and underground scene; the songs also received radio as well as internet play. Still Leroy wanted more; he wanted to be involved in the entertainment business from all aspects. With that aspiration he and childhood friend Jo-yce as well as another close friend, Marqui Dawkins aka Prince Qui began “Around da Block Movement”, a source for all the latest news, artist interviews and latest music in the Hip/Hop community. Around da Block Movement has seen the birth of its official website Arounddablog.com which showcases many of the artists Leroy has made an industry connection with. These artists include rappers Trina, OJ da Juiceman, and Jackie O as well as Reggae artists Gyptian, Beenie Man, Elephant Man, Serani and Lady Saw. Leroy has worked with Independent artists such as rapper Smitty who did “Died in your Arms and Diamonds on my neck” project as well as many more. Leroy has also put out the DVD “Real Streetz” associated with “Camera Man” exclusives. Leroy has great things planned for his future, he has even been able to add actor to his list of accomplishments, having a small part in “My Super Ex-Girlfriend”. Leroy considers himself a man with many talents and he doesn’t believe in being put into one category where his talents are concerned, he has what it takes to be successful and he’s well on his way to the top.
Watch “Leroy Brown- Gift & The Cur
Powered by Facebook Comments