- Feds Use Instagram To Arrest Over 350 Drug Dealers &… SMH...these idiots just never learn!? The DEA used drug dealer's… (1,660,767)
- LMAO…Ghostface Killah’s 3rd Annual Top 10… Ayo whattup yall its ya boy Tony Starks aka The… (1,357,237)
- Hasidic Neighborhood Exposed As Top Section 8 Beneficiary… There are many misconceptions as to which communities actually benefit… (437,063)
- NY Woman Infects Over 40 Men with HIV Virus Because She Was… As if you needed any more reasons to practice safe… (330,241)
- Teen’s Video About Wearing Suit & Ties To Defy… This is an inspiring story of a few teens who… (296,765)
- Chemist Says They’re Putting Chemicals In the Food To… Professor Tyrone Hayes has a very controversial theory about homosexuality… (296,265)
- Single Father & His 7 Children Found Dead After Father… SMDH...now this is a very sad story. A Maryland father… (282,923)
- Medical Examiner Rules Death of Baltimore Man Body Slammed… SMH...they tried to lie and say he choked on drugs… (251,808)
- Creflo Dollar Says God Told Him To Endorse Donald Trump… Controversial televangelist and pastor Creflo Dollar recently announced that he… (219,835)
- Popular posts by Top 10 plugin
Black Entrepreneurs Create Mobile Grocery Store To Deliver Fresh Produce To Poor Communities
Providing fresh produce for people in disadvantaged communities who need it the most has been a challenging problem that may have just been solved by some ingenious, black entrepreneurs! Check out our “Good News of the Day” below…..
When low income families can not get access to fresh produce, why not take the produce to them? Entrepreneur Jay Holmes, one of the founders of Market Boxx Community Stores, thought this would be a great idea. So, he started building his first grocery store on wheels in Milwaukee, WI and hopes the idea will catch on in other cities.
The unique mobile grocery store idea brings, not only food, but also jobs to urban communities. Each store is built by an entrepreneur and resembles a small shed on wheels with windows and vinyl siding. But inside it contains a whole lot of fresh fruit and vegetables and deli items.
The company works with community organizations and entrepreneurs to build the carts, which have different designs and blue prints for carts in different businesses.
Creating new entrepreneurs
Holmes’ plan is to teach entrepreneurs the skills they need to build their own cart. They are connected with supplies and eventually own their own carts.
One new entrepreneur, Naurice Fitzgerald, never pictured himself as a builder, but he is happy to be on the team. “I want to be able to say I helped build this and I had a part in this because it’s going to go somewhere,” he stated.
He hopes to own his own cart in a couple months. Already, other people in the Milwaukee area have expressed an interest in bringing Market Boxx to their neighborhoods.
For more details about Market Boxx Community Stores, follow them on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Market-Boxx-Community-Stores-16641314682946
This is a great idea! With the high rate of preventable diseases running through our communities like diabetes and high-blood pressure, this is exactly what we need. Health is wealth and making a healthy lifestyle a part of our culture is the first step in getting ourselves together. S/O to everyone involved for making this happen and we hope that this wonderful concept spreads nationwide!
Powered by Facebook Comments