- Feds Use Instagram To Arrest Over 350 Drug Dealers &… SMH...these idiots just never learn!? The DEA used drug dealer's… (1,657,224)
- LMAO…Ghostface Killah’s 3rd Annual Top 10… Ayo whattup yall its ya boy Tony Starks aka The… (1,353,602)
- NY Woman Infects Over 40 Men with HIV Virus Because She Was… As if you needed any more reasons to practice safe… (329,220)
- Teen’s Video About Wearing Suit & Ties To Defy… This is an inspiring story of a few teens who… (296,380)
- Black Chemist Says They’re Putting Chemicals In the… Professor Tyrone Hayes has a very controversial theory about homosexuality… (291,938)
- Single Father & His 7 Children Found Dead After Father… SMDH...now this is a very sad story. A Maryland father… (282,854)
- Medical Examiner Rules Death of Baltimore Man Body Slammed… SMH...they tried to lie and say he choked on drugs… (251,721)
- Hasidic Neighborhood Exposed As Top Section 8 Beneficiary… There are many misconceptions as to which communities actually benefit… (226,509)
- NYPD Cop Fired for Her Instagram #TBT (Throw Back Thursday)… In what turned out to be a case of Instagram… (155,683)
- Popular posts by Top 10 plugin
Russell Simmons Offers Broncos’ Brandon Marshall Endorsement Deal After He Loses 2 Deals Over Protest
The Broncos’ Brandon Marshall has been putting his money where his mouth is and has already lost two endorsement deals for joining Colin Kaepernick’s protest and kneeling during the national anthem. The reaction by corporate execs to Marshall’s protest has now inspired mega-mogul Russell Simmons to step up to the plate and offer Brandon an endorsement deal as a reward for his courageous stance! Check out the details below…
According to ESPN, Marshall’s act of solidarity towards Colin Kaepernick resulted in the loss of endorsements from The Air Academy Federal Credit Union and CentruryLink, a cable/communications company. The player took a knee during “The Star-Spangled Banner” before taking on the Carolina Panthers last Thursday (Sept. 8.) In a statementon Monday (Sept. 12,) CenturyLink pulled a passive aggressive move while bidding the player adieu.
“We completely respect Brandon Marshall’s personal decision and right to take an action to support something in which he strongly believes,” the statement reads. “America is anchored in the right of individuals to express their beliefs. While we acknowledge Brandon’s right, we also believe that whatever issues we face, we also occasionally must stand together to show our allegiance to our common bond as a nation. In our view, the national anthem is one of those moments. For this reason, while we wish Brandon the best this season, we are politely terminating our agreement with him.”
Shortly after news spread of the player’s losses, Russell Simmons made a business move via Instagram that seems hard to refuse. “Rushcard is in,” Simmons captioned the post. “We will find Brandon, make him an offer and make him a deal.” Simmons has stood behind the Black Lives Matter movement and rallied for new regulations against violent police practices.
Like Kaepernick, Marshall has stated his cause is bigger than his career. “I just lost another endorsement,” Marshall said on Twitter. “But it’s not going to make me lose any sleep. … I understand there will be things that come up, criticism and support. I just have to do what I think is right.” His movement is also moving beyond Twitter and the football field. Marshall plans to meet with Denver police chief Robert White today to discuss police reform and community relations. – via vibe
Many critics are twisting the meaning of this peaceful protest to imply that the players are somehow disrespecting military veterans so its necessary for others, especially wealthy, black mentors like Uncle Russ, to get involved in situations like these and lend their support. Its funny how critics are outraged about the perceived disrespect of this protest but completely quiet when it comes to the racist lyrics of the song and all of the issues that brought about the protest about in the first place. As with the civil rights movement, there will always be critics who not only don’t understand what is going on, they adamantly refuse to! So S/O to both Russell Simmons and Brand Marshall, they both deserve credit for this one!
Powered by Facebook Comments