- Feds Use Instagram To Arrest Over 350 Drug Dealers &… SMH...these idiots just never learn!? The DEA used drug dealer's… (1,657,224)
- LMAO…Ghostface Killah’s 3rd Annual Top 10… Ayo whattup yall its ya boy Tony Starks aka The… (1,353,602)
- NY Woman Infects Over 40 Men with HIV Virus Because She Was… As if you needed any more reasons to practice safe… (329,220)
- Teen’s Video About Wearing Suit & Ties To Defy… This is an inspiring story of a few teens who… (296,380)
- Black Chemist Says They’re Putting Chemicals In the… Professor Tyrone Hayes has a very controversial theory about homosexuality… (291,938)
- Single Father & His 7 Children Found Dead After Father… SMDH...now this is a very sad story. A Maryland father… (282,854)
- Medical Examiner Rules Death of Baltimore Man Body Slammed… SMH...they tried to lie and say he choked on drugs… (251,721)
- Hasidic Neighborhood Exposed As Top Section 8 Beneficiary… There are many misconceptions as to which communities actually benefit… (226,509)
- NYPD Cop Fired for Her Instagram #TBT (Throw Back Thursday)… In what turned out to be a case of Instagram… (155,683)
- Popular posts by Top 10 plugin
Chrisette Michele Pens Open Letter Defending Her Decision To Perform At Trump’s Inauguration After Fierce Backlash
Singer Chrisette Michele has been getting a LOT of backlash on social media after it was confirmed that she will be performing at president-elect Donald Trump’s inauguration. The songstress finally decided to respond to her critics by penning an open letter on her Instagram and Twitter pages and ended it with the hashtag #NoPoliticalGenius but…it doesn’t seem to be going over to well with her fans judging by her comment section. Check out her letter below and let us know what YOU think!
My heart is broken for our country, for the hopes of our children, for the fights of those who came before us.
I cry at the thought that Black History, American History might be in vain.
This country has had great moments. God has shined His light upon us.
Today, I hope that Great Moments begin in peaceful & progressive conversation. I am willing to be a bridge. I don’t mind “These Stones”, if they allow me to be a voice for the voiceless.
I am here.
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. once said, “Our lives begin to end, the day we become silent about what matters,”.
I am here, representing you, because this is what matters.
— chrisette michele (@ChrisetteM) January 19, 2017
SMH…we’re not buying what Chrisette is selling over here and quoting Martin Luther King won’t help. You don’t have to be a “political genius” to know that performing for Donald Trump was going to get this reaction. Her camp actually admitted that they kept it a secret as long as they could because they knew this was going to disappoint many of her fans. This meme below explains exactly how we feel. How do YOU feel about Chrisette performing for Trump’s inauguration?
Powered by Facebook Comments