- Feds Use Instagram To Arrest Over 350 Drug Dealers &… SMH...these idiots just never learn!? The DEA used drug dealer's… (1,660,347)
- LMAO…Ghostface Killah’s 3rd Annual Top 10… Ayo whattup yall its ya boy Tony Starks aka The… (1,356,243)
- Hasidic Neighborhood Exposed As Top Section 8 Beneficiary… There are many misconceptions as to which communities actually benefit… (436,736)
- NY Woman Infects Over 40 Men with HIV Virus Because She Was… As if you needed any more reasons to practice safe… (330,153)
- Teen’s Video About Wearing Suit & Ties To Defy… This is an inspiring story of a few teens who… (296,718)
- Chemist Says They’re Putting Chemicals In the Food To… Professor Tyrone Hayes has a very controversial theory about homosexuality… (296,078)
- Single Father & His 7 Children Found Dead After Father… SMDH...now this is a very sad story. A Maryland father… (282,906)
- Medical Examiner Rules Death of Baltimore Man Body Slammed… SMH...they tried to lie and say he choked on drugs… (251,800)
- Creflo Dollar Says God Told Him To Endorse Donald Trump… Controversial televangelist and pastor Creflo Dollar recently announced that he… (218,989)
- Popular posts by Top 10 plugin
Father Jailed for Paying Too Much Child Support & Visiting His Son Too Much?
SMH…If this doesn’t prove that the system is in serious need of reform I don’t know what will. A man by the name of Clifford Hall is being forced to serve six months in jail for paying too much child support and visiting his son too much?! This case is a prime example of how the system is geared against the male parent. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t! Check out the video and read the rest of this ridiculous story below…
Clifford Hall says he’s more than happy to pay child support for his 11-year-old son. “I’m his father it’s my responsibility to take care of him,” Hall says.
But Hall says when the amount of child support was modified no one told him.”I discovered for some reason his employer was withholding a large amount some weeks a small amount some weeks a zero amount some weeks,” says Hall’s attorney Tyesha Elam.
“I didn’t want to go to jail basically,” Hall says. So Hall quickly paid almost 3 grand in back child support. When Hall and his ex were in Judge Lisa Millard’s court last November he owed nothing. “Opposing counsel testified twice that he’s all paid up,” says Elam.
But the attorney representing the child’s mother wanted Hall to pay her three grand in attorney fees and Judge Millard agreed. Court documents also reveal Hall wasn’t following the court’s scheduled times to pick his son up for visitation.
Another modification Hall says he knew nothing about. “The Judge ended up sentencing him to 6 months in jail.” Elam says.
“When she said I remand you to the Harris County Jail for 180 days my mouth just dropped,” says Hall. “This entire situation is shocking to me,” says community activist Quanell X. “I’ve never seen one like this.”
Left: Hall’s attorney Tyesha Elam, Right: Clifford Hall
Quanell X wants the state’s judicial board to investigate. “The court failed the child,” he says. “The court failed Mr. Hall the system broke down.”
“I’m like he couldn’t have gotten a worse result,” Elam says. “He could have gone in there with a monkey and gotten a better result. What did I do that my client has over paid over visited and is now paying 3 thousand dollars in attorney fees and is going to jail for 6 months.”
“I can’t be there for my son in jail,” Hall says. “I can’t pay child support in jail. This is not in the best interest of the child.” Judge Millard tells Fox 26 after she found Hall in contempt he walked out of the courtroom which she says is a big no no.
Judge Millard says Hall’s attorney could have filed a motion for reconsideration which would have given her an opportunity to hear from both sides again and reevaluate the situation. Hall’s attorney is now working on an appeal.
Hall says in a few days he will turn himself in to the jail. – Via MyFoxNews
Powered by Facebook Comments