- Feds Use Instagram To Arrest Over 350 Drug Dealers &… SMH...these idiots just never learn!? The DEA used drug dealer's… (1,663,279)
- LMAO…Ghostface Killah’s 3rd Annual Top 10… Ayo whattup yall its ya boy Tony Starks aka The… (1,360,484)
- Hasidic Neighborhood Exposed As Top Section 8 Beneficiary… There are many misconceptions as to which communities actually benefit… (437,609)
- NY Woman Infects Over 40 Men with HIV Virus Because She Was… As if you needed any more reasons to practice safe… (330,527)
- Teen’s Video About Wearing Suit & Ties To Defy… This is an inspiring story of a few teens who… (296,972)
- Chemist Says They’re Putting Chemicals In the Food To… Professor Tyrone Hayes has a very controversial theory about homosexuality… (296,862)
- Single Father & His 7 Children Found Dead After Father… SMDH...now this is a very sad story. A Maryland father… (283,048)
- Medical Examiner Rules Death of Baltimore Man Body Slammed… SMH...they tried to lie and say he choked on drugs… (251,838)
- Creflo Dollar Says God Told Him To Endorse Donald Trump… Controversial televangelist and pastor Creflo Dollar recently announced that he… (220,315)
- Popular posts by Top 10 plugin
French Montana Raises Over $250K for Kids In Uganda With His ‘Unforgettable Healthcare Campaign’ [VIDEO]
Rappers get a bad name, especially in the media, but today’s “Good News of the Day” comes courtesy of rapper French Montana who is putting his money where his heart is on his humanitarian mission to make healthcare a right, and not a privilege, for those less fortunate. Check out his inspirational story below…
The Moroccan-born rapper, who grew up in the South Bronx, was inspired to visit the country in February after coming across Uganda’s “Triplets Ghetto Kids,” whose dancing videos on YouTube went viral last year.
“I listen to a lot of African music, so me just scrolling through the computer I seen them kids and I saw something that I never saw before,” French said. “I saw art; I saw kids that were rich on the inside. I saw a lot of love.”
The rapper said that he was supposed to shoot his music video for his single “Unforgettable,” featuring California rapper Swae Lee, “in Hawaii or something like that but I decided I wanted to go to Africa, especially because that’s my roots.”
After a 30-hour flight, French and Lee, along with their teams, arrived in the capital of Kampala, where they met the kids and visited the Suubi Health Center, a maternity and children’s health clinic that serves 56,000 people but is greatly underfunded.
“Once we got there, I saw life for what it was out there. Three-hundred thousand people, they have two rooms and one ambulance,” French said, describing the medical facility. “I feel like every kid and mother need the proper health care and it kind of hurt me. It made my heart heavy for them … it touched me so much I said I’m going to make a change, probably not for the whole world but at least right here.”
The infant mortality rate in the United States in 2016 was about five deaths of infants under one year old per 1,000 live births, whereas as in Uganda the infant mortality rate was 54 deaths per 1,000 births that same year, according to the CIA factbook.
Since returning from Uganda, French partnered with Global Citizen’s #2BSTRONG Campaign and Mama Hope, a US-based non-proft organization, to launch his “#Unforgettable Healthcare Campaign,” which has so far raised over $226,000, including a $100,000 from French, himself and most recently, a $100,000 donation from Canadian singer The Weekend.
“I feel like especially with artists like me and other artists that have a platform to showcase this kind of message and show a difference and really go out there and do it — not just speak about it and post about it on Instagram,” French said. “I feel like we gotta show action nowadays.” – via CNN
S/O to French for this one! Him and Akon have been making major humanitarian moves in Africa that don’t seem to get the press they deserve so we’re glad to give it to him. Check out the dope visuals for French’s hit song “Unforgetable” ft. Swae Lee which he filmed while in Uganda below….
Powered by Facebook Comments