- Feds Use Instagram To Arrest Over 350 Drug Dealers &… SMH...these idiots just never learn!? The DEA used drug dealer's… (1,659,315)
- LMAO…Ghostface Killah’s 3rd Annual Top 10… Ayo whattup yall its ya boy Tony Starks aka The… (1,354,836)
- Hasidic Neighborhood Exposed As Top Section 8 Beneficiary… There are many misconceptions as to which communities actually benefit… (436,180)
- NY Woman Infects Over 40 Men with HIV Virus Because She Was… As if you needed any more reasons to practice safe… (329,941)
- Teen’s Video About Wearing Suit & Ties To Defy… This is an inspiring story of a few teens who… (296,571)
- Chemist Says They’re Putting Chemicals In the Food To… Professor Tyrone Hayes has a very controversial theory about homosexuality… (295,250)
- Single Father & His 7 Children Found Dead After Father… SMDH...now this is a very sad story. A Maryland father… (282,881)
- Medical Examiner Rules Death of Baltimore Man Body Slammed… SMH...they tried to lie and say he choked on drugs… (251,785)
- NYPD Cop Fired for Her Instagram #TBT (Throw Back Thursday)… In what turned out to be a case of Instagram… (156,096)
- Popular posts by Top 10 plugin
Janelle Monae Urges Women To Refrain From Having Sex With Men Until “Every Man Is Fighting For Our Rights”
Janelle Monae has an unorthodox method for convincing men to hop on board of the women’s rights movement. The songstress is proposing that women become celibate for the cause! Check out the details below and let us know what you think….
The actress and singer, 31, revealed in a new interview that until every man is fighting for womens’ rights, she believes ladies should hold off on having sex.
“People have to start respecting the vagina,” she told Marie Claire for their “Fresh Faces” issue. “Until every man is fighting for our rights, we should consider stopping having sex. I love men. But evil men? I will not tolerate that.”
The “Hidden Figures” actress also explained her reasoning behind the proposal, and maintained the importance of women being able to recognize their own worth and power.
“[Evil men] don’t deserve to be in my presence,” she continued. “If you’re going to own this world and this is how you’re going to rule this world, I am not going to contribute anymore until you change it. We have to realize our power and our magic. Because I am all about black-girl magic, even though I’m standing with all women. But this year? This year, I am so carefree black girl.”
Monáe’s proposition echoes Aristophane’s classic Greek comedy “Lysistrata,” in which the titular main character attempts to end the Peloponnesian War by convincing her fellow Greek women to withhold sex from men until they sign a peace treaty. Her clever plan aimed to take advantage of the men’s deepest desire, and the text is notable for its early exploration of a woman’s role in a male-dominated society. – via nydailynews
Easy for her to say, Wordondastreet is Janelle doesn’t even like men! Women would die celibate with cobwebs in their vaginas if they waited for “every man” to fight for women’s rights. Nowadays, many women are worse than men when it comes to their desire for sex so we don’t see too many women holding out either. We do understand her point about the power of the P though and women recognizing their own worth and power! What do you think of Janelle Monae’s suggestion?
Powered by Facebook Comments