- Feds Use Instagram To Arrest Over 350 Drug Dealers &… SMH...these idiots just never learn!? The DEA used drug dealer's… (1,661,118)
- LMAO…Ghostface Killah’s 3rd Annual Top 10… Ayo whattup yall its ya boy Tony Starks aka The… (1,357,630)
- Hasidic Neighborhood Exposed As Top Section 8 Beneficiary… There are many misconceptions as to which communities actually benefit… (437,175)
- NY Woman Infects Over 40 Men with HIV Virus Because She Was… As if you needed any more reasons to practice safe… (330,272)
- Teen’s Video About Wearing Suit & Ties To Defy… This is an inspiring story of a few teens who… (296,835)
- Chemist Says They’re Putting Chemicals In the Food To… Professor Tyrone Hayes has a very controversial theory about homosexuality… (296,501)
- Single Father & His 7 Children Found Dead After Father… SMDH...now this is a very sad story. A Maryland father… (282,964)
- Medical Examiner Rules Death of Baltimore Man Body Slammed… SMH...they tried to lie and say he choked on drugs… (251,811)
- Creflo Dollar Says God Told Him To Endorse Donald Trump… Controversial televangelist and pastor Creflo Dollar recently announced that he… (219,908)
- Popular posts by Top 10 plugin
LAPD Pays $1.5 Million Settlement for Killing Unarmed Mentally Ill Black Man But Won’t Press Charges
The Los Angeles City Council approved a $1.5 million payout Wednesday to settle the 2014 police killing of Ezell Ford, an unarmed, mentally ill black man but refuse to press charges against the officers involved. Check out the details below and let us know what you think….
The underlying pact was reached with Ford’s parents Edsell and Tritobia Ford last October but wasn’t official until the council voted 10-2 to ratify it.
“They’re happy this is behind them so can move on with their lives, but this was never about money,” Ford family lawyer Boris Treyzon told the Daily News.
“This is not what she was looking for,” he said, referring to Ford’s mom and her disappointment last month when prosecutors announced the officers involved would not face criminal charges.
“She was looking for justice,” Treyzon told The News. “The payout is an acknowledgement of fault, but it doesn’t bring her son back.”
Ford, 25, was fatally shot Aug. 11, 2014, after two LAPD officers assigned to a gang unit tried to make contact as he walked near his home.
Previously diagnosed with schizophrenia and bipolar disorder, Ford did not respond to the officers’ commands, police said.
Authorities said Officer Sharlton Wampler placed a hand on Ford’s shoulder because he believed Ford was trying to dispose of drugs.
The lawyer pointed out that in 2015, the Police Commission concluded Wampler violated LAPD policy when he fired at Ford.
“The Police Commission, which is the supervisory arm of the department, certainly found fault with at least one of the officers,” he said.
The $1.5 million payout will end the Ford family’s wrongful death and state civil rights lawsuit against the city. – via NYDailyNews
SMH…If the officer violated LAPD policy when he killed him to the point that they had to settle a million dollar lawsuit, how could he not be brought up on charges? This is the type of stuff that happens when people justify cops using lethal force when they think someone is “resisting arrest”. Despite some people’s beliefs, black people actually suffer from mental health issues as well and this is a prime example of that ignorance costing a man his life. R.I.P. to Ezell Ford
Powered by Facebook Comments