- Feds Use Instagram To Arrest Over 350 Drug Dealers &… SMH...these idiots just never learn!? The DEA used drug dealer's… (1,657,224)
- LMAO…Ghostface Killah’s 3rd Annual Top 10… Ayo whattup yall its ya boy Tony Starks aka The… (1,353,602)
- NY Woman Infects Over 40 Men with HIV Virus Because She Was… As if you needed any more reasons to practice safe… (329,220)
- Teen’s Video About Wearing Suit & Ties To Defy… This is an inspiring story of a few teens who… (296,380)
- Black Chemist Says They’re Putting Chemicals In the… Professor Tyrone Hayes has a very controversial theory about homosexuality… (291,938)
- Single Father & His 7 Children Found Dead After Father… SMDH...now this is a very sad story. A Maryland father… (282,854)
- Medical Examiner Rules Death of Baltimore Man Body Slammed… SMH...they tried to lie and say he choked on drugs… (251,721)
- Hasidic Neighborhood Exposed As Top Section 8 Beneficiary… There are many misconceptions as to which communities actually benefit… (226,509)
- NYPD Cop Fired for Her Instagram #TBT (Throw Back Thursday)… In what turned out to be a case of Instagram… (155,683)
- Popular posts by Top 10 plugin
After Losing Major Netflix Deal Performing for Trump, Chrisette Michele Claps Back At Critics with Spoken Word Track ‘No Political Genius’ [AUDIO]
*UPDATE: Chrisette Michele was on the Breakfast Club this morning explaining why she performed for Trump (See Below). After being chastised by Spike Lee and losing a major Netflix deal after she agreed to perform for controversial president Donald Trump’s private ‘Liberty Ball,’ one of three special events surrounding the Inauguration. Chrisette released a spoken word poem entitled “No Political Genius’ as a response to all the backlash she has been receiving. Check out the story below and let us know what YOU think….
Jennifer Holliday cancelled her Trump Inauguration gig after 24 hours. Even the ‘B Street Band,’ a Bruce Springsteen cover group, canceled under extreme pressure from fans.
Chrisette Michele, a late-stage addition, decided not to back out. Now, the talented Grammy-winning artist is testing exactly what that means for her career. According to information confirmed Thursday night, director Spike Lee has removed Chrisette Michele’s song from his upcoming Netflix remake of ‘She’s Gotta Have It.”
Here’s Spike Lee’s irate Instagram blast on the matter:
“Good Morning Folks. I Wuz Sorry To Read That ‘Sistuh Girl’ Is Singin’ At DT’s Inauguration (And To Use His Fav Word-SAD),” Lee wrote on Instagram. “I Wuz Thinkin’ ’bout Using Chrisette’s Song- BLACK GIRL MAGIC In My Netflix Series SHE’S GOTTA HAVE IT…. NOT ANYMORE. And Dat’s Da Truth, Ruth.” – via digitalmusicnews
SMH…if other performers cancelled
She specifically took the time out to directly address Spike Lee, who said that he won’t be using her music in his upcoming Netflix series after she agreed to play for Trump.
“But Spike won’t pay me, a crook from Crooklyn,” shafe says on the spoken word track.
“I am the black voice, inauguration bell rings. I am the black sheep disguising the scared wolf,” she says. “No, I am the black elephant in the red room scared shook. White House invites me, call me their coon.”
Her management released the following statement along with the track. Chrisette Michele decides to create conversation in chaos with a poetry album she entitled with her infamously coined phrase, “No Political Genius.” She invites listeners to stop bickering and start listening to each others point of view.
With poignant detest for the system, disappointment with celebrity jabs and dedication to Women’s Rights, Michele really hopes to take a well spoken stab at holding hands with America. Her sights are set on beginning some real dialogue. Take a listen to the first installment from the project, its title track, “No Political Genius.” – via theboombox
SMH….Wordondastreet is that Chrisette was paid $250K for her performance but not all money is good money! We’re not buying this spin that her PR team has been trying to pull that she performed to “create conversation”. We would respect it more if she just admitted that she’s virtually unknown so she did it for the money and the exposure it would give her. If you don’t stand for something, you’ll fall for anything. What do YOU think about Chrisette Michele’s response to her critics?
Powered by Facebook Comments