- LMAO…Ghostface Killah’s 3rd Annual Top 10… Ayo whattup yall its ya boy Tony Starks aka The ... (1,321,686)
- Feds Use Instagram To Arrest Over 350 Drug Dealers &… SMH...these idiots just never learn!? The DEA used drug dealer's ... (836,124)
- Teen’s Video About Wearing Suit & Ties To Defy… This is an inspiring story of a few teens who ... (279,210)
- NYPD Cop Fired for Her Instagram #TBT (Throw Back Thursday)… In what turned out to be a case of Instagram ... (150,451)
- Social Media Users Track Down Woman Behind Racist Trayvon… People like this are the reason why racial tensions in ... (124,274)
- The Alleged Mistress Behind T.I. & Tiny Divorce Drama… We told you about all the drama surrounding T.I. and ... (99,512)
- Shots Fired! Marlon Wayans & Lord Jamar Go At It Over… Brand Nubian legend Lord Jamar has been very vocal about ... (85,310)
- True or False? Yandy Smith’s BF Mandeeces Harris… Wordondastreet is that 34-year-old Mandeeces Harris , Yandy Smith's baby ... (79,995)
- Girlfriend Kills Her Boyfriend for Tweeting His #WCW a.k.a.… WTH? Social media is known to break up relationships but ... (73,137)
- Popular posts by Top 10 plugin
Missing Child Alert! 2-Year-Old Myra Lewis Goes Missing While Mom Is Arrested On Unrelated Charge
Why does it seem like mainstream media hardly ever reports on missing children of color? SMH…that’s what we’re here for. The hunt is on for 2-year-old Myra Lewis who disappeared on March 1st. In a twist of events, Myra’s mother has been arrested on a totally unrelated charge and her family is questioning the timing. Check out the rest of this story after the flip….
The FBI and Madison County’s Sheriff’s Office are offering a $20,000 reward for information about the little girl’s disappearance, CNN reports.
Sheriff Randy Tucker believes the toddler is still alive.
“I don’t have any reason to suggest otherwise, and I’m an optimistic person. I sincerely believe that in my heart,” he told the Clarion Ledger.
Lewis was last spotted at about 11 a.m. on March 1, playing with her sister outside her family’s home in Camden. She was wearing khaki pants, pink tennis shoes and a turquoise sweater with a bear on the front.
2-year-old Myra Lewis was last seen playing with her sister outside her home in Camden, Miss.
The FBI has expanded their search to states that neighbor Mississippi. Authorities are conducting ground and air searches.
In a strange twist, the girl’s mom Ericka Lewis was arrested for an unrelated probation violation. Tucker says Lewis was on probation for welfare fraud. She was charged with being a felon in possession of a concealed weapon.
The timing of the arrest has upset the missing toddler’s family.
“I look at that as it should be something that would be irrelevant considering the circumstances and what’s going on and as far as Myra, that’s like double hurt for us, because (the probation violation is) not a major thing. Ericka never had a record, not even a citation, her history does not have any kind of illegal nothing,” said Martha Sanders, Ericka Lewis’ mother. “She’s a good mother, there are no leads to her having anything to do with it. I think they should have waited.”
The FBI is offering a reward of up to $20,000 for information regarding the whereabouts of 2-year-old Myra Lewis, who was last seen playing outside her home in Camden, Miss., on Saturday, March 1.
Tucker refuted the idea that Ericka was “thrown in jail.”
“There’s never a good time to go to jail for anyone, I don’t think,” Tucker said. “There was a warrant served for her arrest. I’m charged with the duty of serving those warrants. I don’t have the discretion to give her that authority. Those warrants are issued by the judge, and it’s my duty to uphold the law.”
Myra’s dad, Gregory Lewis, was also charged with felony grand larceny. Because of a pre-trial agreement, the felony label was wiped from his record. The Department of Human Services has placed the couple’s other children with family members. – Via DialyNews
Powered by Facebook Comments