- Feds Use Instagram To Arrest Over 350 Drug Dealers &… SMH...these idiots just never learn!? The DEA used drug dealer's… (1,657,500)
- LMAO…Ghostface Killah’s 3rd Annual Top 10… Ayo whattup yall its ya boy Tony Starks aka The… (1,353,640)
- NY Woman Infects Over 40 Men with HIV Virus Because She Was… As if you needed any more reasons to practice safe… (329,237)
- Teen’s Video About Wearing Suit & Ties To Defy… This is an inspiring story of a few teens who… (296,404)
- Black Chemist Says They’re Putting Chemicals In the… Professor Tyrone Hayes has a very controversial theory about homosexuality… (292,086)
- Single Father & His 7 Children Found Dead After Father… SMDH...now this is a very sad story. A Maryland father… (282,854)
- Medical Examiner Rules Death of Baltimore Man Body Slammed… SMH...they tried to lie and say he choked on drugs… (251,749)
- Hasidic Neighborhood Exposed As Top Section 8 Beneficiary… There are many misconceptions as to which communities actually benefit… (226,518)
- NYPD Cop Fired for Her Instagram #TBT (Throw Back Thursday)… In what turned out to be a case of Instagram… (155,689)
- Popular posts by Top 10 plugin
New Jersey Teen Ifeoma White-Thorpe Is Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools!
Today’s “Good News of the Day” comes courtesy of a New Jersey teenager by the name of Ifeoma White-Thorpe who managed to get accepted by 8 ivy league schools! Check out her amazing story below…
Ifeoma White-Thorpe was beyond excited when she received her eighth acceptance letter via email. “I was shaking, I was like, ‘Oh my gosh, oh my gosh,’ like this might be eight out of eight, and I clicked it and it said ‘Congratulations,’ and I was like, ‘Oh my goodness,'” she told WABC-TV.
White-Thorpe, a 17-year-old senior at Morris Hills High School in Rockaway, New Jersey, will have to choose between Harvard, Yale, Cornell, Columbia, Princeton, Dartmouth, Brown and the University of Pennsylvania. Her first acceptance letter came from Harvard, and the seven others followed suit.
“I got into Harvard early action, so I figured I’ll just go there, so then I got into all the others, and I was like, ‘Wait, now I don’t know where I want to go,'” she told the news outlet.
The teen, who is the student government president at her high school, plans to study biology and pursue a career in global health. “So many of [the Ivy League schools] have great research facilities, so I was like, ‘I might as well just shoot my shot and apply,'” she said.
White-Thorpe, who was also accepted to top-tier school Stanford University, told WABC-TV that she believes her “love for poetry and writing just really stood out” in her college applications. In addition, she’s an A student in her Advanced Placement classes.
“At this point, none of the schools I’ve applied to said they’d give merit scholarships, so I’m praying that they give me some more financial aid or some money,” she said. “Shout out to all of those schools. Please give me something.” – via usmagazine
This is great news! Congratulations to Ifeoma for this amazing achievement! She needs to start a GoFundMe page if she doesn’t receive financial aid, we’d be more than happy to chip in. We’ll keep you posted on this young woman, she’s definitely going places!
Powered by Facebook Comments