- Feds Use Instagram To Arrest Over 350 Drug Dealers &… SMH...these idiots just never learn!? The DEA used drug dealer's… (1,661,236)
- LMAO…Ghostface Killah’s 3rd Annual Top 10… Ayo whattup yall its ya boy Tony Starks aka The… (1,357,943)
- Hasidic Neighborhood Exposed As Top Section 8 Beneficiary… There are many misconceptions as to which communities actually benefit… (437,287)
- NY Woman Infects Over 40 Men with HIV Virus Because She Was… As if you needed any more reasons to practice safe… (330,370)
- Teen’s Video About Wearing Suit & Ties To Defy… This is an inspiring story of a few teens who… (296,868)
- Chemist Says They’re Putting Chemicals In the Food To… Professor Tyrone Hayes has a very controversial theory about homosexuality… (296,590)
- Single Father & His 7 Children Found Dead After Father… SMDH...now this is a very sad story. A Maryland father… (282,989)
- Medical Examiner Rules Death of Baltimore Man Body Slammed… SMH...they tried to lie and say he choked on drugs… (251,817)
- Creflo Dollar Says God Told Him To Endorse Donald Trump… Controversial televangelist and pastor Creflo Dollar recently announced that he… (220,020)
- Popular posts by Top 10 plugin
New York’s Free Tuition Program Comes With A Catch
New York City’s monumental announcement that they are providing free tuition at state colleges comes with a big catch! Check it out below and let us know what you think….
Under a provision that was added to the tuition bill at the last moment, students who get a free ride at CUNY and SUNY schools must live and work in New York State for up to four years after graduation, or be forced to pay the money back.
The amendment — which was not part of Cuomo’s original offer of free college for middle-class students — was added at the insistence of Republicans in the state Senate.
The GOP members worried that taxpayer-educated students would take their valuable knowledge and flee to other parts of the U.S., particularly from remote upstate communities.
“New York spends $1 billion on college financial assistance. There is a brain-drain problem,” said Senate GOP spokesman Scott Reif.
We have to get away from educating people and then having them move away. We want to create a climate for business and new jobs.”
Cuomo agreed with the change.
“Why should New Yorkers pay for your college education and then you pick up and you move to California?” Cuomo said during a call with state editorial writers.
“The concept of investing in you and your education is that you’re going to stay here and be an asset to the state. If you don’t want to stay here, then go to California now, let them pay for your college education.” – via newyorkpost
Hmmm…keep in mind tuition only covers approximately 20% of the annual cost of college. What do YOU think about New York’s free tuition program now that you know what the catch is?
Powered by Facebook Comments