- Feds Use Instagram To Arrest Over 350 Drug Dealers &… SMH...these idiots just never learn!? The DEA used drug dealer's… (1,659,763)
- LMAO…Ghostface Killah’s 3rd Annual Top 10… Ayo whattup yall its ya boy Tony Starks aka The… (1,355,336)
- Hasidic Neighborhood Exposed As Top Section 8 Beneficiary… There are many misconceptions as to which communities actually benefit… (436,432)
- NY Woman Infects Over 40 Men with HIV Virus Because She Was… As if you needed any more reasons to practice safe… (330,082)
- Teen’s Video About Wearing Suit & Ties To Defy… This is an inspiring story of a few teens who… (296,654)
- Chemist Says They’re Putting Chemicals In the Food To… Professor Tyrone Hayes has a very controversial theory about homosexuality… (295,782)
- Single Father & His 7 Children Found Dead After Father… SMDH...now this is a very sad story. A Maryland father… (282,890)
- Medical Examiner Rules Death of Baltimore Man Body Slammed… SMH...they tried to lie and say he choked on drugs… (251,788)
- Creflo Dollar Says God Told Him To Endorse Donald Trump… Controversial televangelist and pastor Creflo Dollar recently announced that he… (218,172)
- Popular posts by Top 10 plugin
Nore & Rapper Vince Staples Debate Vince’s Comment About the 90’s Era Being Overrated: “The ’90s Get a Lot of Credit – I Don’t Really Know Why”
Long Beach, CA rapper Vince Staples set off a firestorm on the internet when he made a statement implying that the 90’s era is overrated. Vince did an interview with TIME magazine and said, “The ’90s get a lot of credit – I don’t really know why”. Vince went on to say that Bow Wow was his favorite rapper growing up and once Hip Hop heads caught wind of his blasphemous statements, Twitter erupted! One of those who publicly disagreed with Vince was Nore from Capone-N-Noreaga and the next thing you know, the two were involved in a tense Twitter debate! Check it out below and let us know what you think….
Time caught up with Long Beach rapper Vince Staples recently to talk musical tastes and influences. In a video interview, Staples dismisses the notion that the ’90s had the greatest music, noting that he’s never listened to an album by *NSYNC, the Backstreet Boys or the Spice Girls.
“The ’90s get a lot of credit, I don’t really know why,” Staples said. “Biggie and 2 Pac, those are the staples of the ’90s, I think that’s why they get the golden era credit.”
Vince then went on to champion early 2000s-era rap, citing the emergence of 50 Cent and Kanye West as well as the ascension of Jay Z and an unlikely first rap memory.
“The first song I remember listening to is Lil Bow Wow’s ‘Bounce with Me.’ Lil Bow Wow is one of my favorite rappers ever, you can never take that from me.”
“Whatever you were watching or listening to when you were young is always going to be your favorite thing because it made you what you are today,” Staples continued. “That’s always going to be something that you appreciate the most, so that’s everyone’s favorite era.” While the rapper tours with Harlem’s own, A$AP Rocky, he mentions that he doesn’t particularly have a favorite decade in mind for himself but if it all came down to it, he would definitely choose the early 2000’s. – via XXL
Check out Nore and Vince’s debate below….
Just talked to Sway & I apologize if I hurt anyone’s feelings I meant no disrespect I respect everyone trying to feed theirs. But do you?
— Vince Staples (@vincestaples) October 29, 2015
First of all….Vince was born in the 90’s so WTH would he know about it in the first place? That’s like saying hamburgers taste horrible and you never even ate one. Secondly, if Bow Wow was your favorite rapper, you lose all credibility and your opinion on Hip Hop is invalid. No wonder Hip Hop is in the condition it’s in right now, these artists haven’t studied their Hip Hop history at all. What do you think about what Vince Staples said and Nore’s responses?
Powered by Facebook Comments