- Feds Use Instagram To Arrest Over 350 Drug Dealers &… SMH...these idiots just never learn!? The DEA used drug dealer's… (1,656,905)
- LMAO…Ghostface Killah’s 3rd Annual Top 10… Ayo whattup yall its ya boy Tony Starks aka The… (1,353,346)
- NY Woman Infects Over 40 Men with HIV Virus Because She Was… As if you needed any more reasons to practice safe… (329,182)
- Teen’s Video About Wearing Suit & Ties To Defy… This is an inspiring story of a few teens who… (295,963)
- Black Chemist Says They’re Putting Chemicals In the… Professor Tyrone Hayes has a very controversial theory about homosexuality… (291,153)
- Single Father & His 7 Children Found Dead After Father… SMDH...now this is a very sad story. A Maryland father… (282,771)
- Medical Examiner Rules Death of Baltimore Man Body Slammed… SMH...they tried to lie and say he choked on drugs… (251,708)
- Hasidic Neighborhood Exposed As Top Section 8 Beneficiary… There are many misconceptions as to which communities actually benefit… (226,432)
- NYPD Cop Fired for Her Instagram #TBT (Throw Back Thursday)… In what turned out to be a case of Instagram… (155,660)
- Popular posts by Top 10 plugin
NYPD Commisioner James O’Neill Tells Cops To Ignore Donald Trump’s Immigrant Deportation Orders
NYPD Police Commissioner James O’Neill had a defiant message for the President on Wednesday — saying his officers will not enforce administrative warrants issued by federal immigration officials as a result of the expansive deportation policies. O’Neill says that his department is only concerned about immigrants who have committed “violent or serious felonies, or are on the terror list”. Check out the details below…
“It is critical that everyone who comes into contact with the NYPD, regardless of their immigration status, be able to identify themselves or seek assistance without hesitation, anxiety or fear,” O’Neill said in the sharply worded, 431-word internal memo to police officers.
“The NYPD does not conduct civil immigration enforcement. Specifically, this department does not enforce administrative warrants issued by Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents or federal immigration judges solely in connection with civil immigration violations.
“For example, the NYPD does not arrest or detain individuals for immigration violations such as overstaying a lawfully issued visa. However, the NYPD does and will continue to honor federal immigration detainers when there is a risk to public safety.”
Although the memo was directed to “the men and women of the New York City Police Department,” its message was in stark contrast to the directives issued by Trump’s Homeland Security Department.
On Tuesday, Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly called for any undocumented immigrants to be deported if they have been convicted or even charged with a criminal offense, “have abused any program related to receipt of public benefits,” or “have engaged in fraud or willful misrepresentation in connection with any official matter before a governmental agency.”
That means undocumented immigrants who have committed even minor traffic infractions, received any government assistance or used fake Social Security numbers to be able to work — common offenses among the immigrants — could be shipped out of the country.
City officials have already been at odds with the feds over the Trump administration’s plan to slash federal funding for “sanctuary cities” like New York. – via nydailynews
We’re actually proud of this commissioner for standing up to Trump. NYC is VERY dependent upon both hard working legal and illegal immigrants to function. To divert police attention from pursuing violent, illegal immigrants to have them chasing after immigrants who are washing dishes is not only stupid but dangerous – so we have to agree with the commish here. What do YOU think about O’Neill’s defiant statement to Donald Trump?
Powered by Facebook Comments