- Feds Use Instagram To Arrest Over 350 Drug Dealers &… SMH...these idiots just never learn!? The DEA used drug dealer's… (1,664,638)
- LMAO…Ghostface Killah’s 3rd Annual Top 10… Ayo whattup yall its ya boy Tony Starks aka The… (1,361,725)
- Hasidic Neighborhood Exposed As Top Section 8 Beneficiary… There are many misconceptions as to which communities actually benefit… (563,312)
- NY Woman Infects Over 40 Men with HIV Virus Because She Was… As if you needed any more reasons to practice safe… (552,216)
- Teen’s Video About Wearing Suit & Ties To Defy… This is an inspiring story of a few teens who… (297,036)
- Chemist Says They’re Putting Chemicals In the Food To… Professor Tyrone Hayes has a very controversial theory about homosexuality… (296,962)
- Single Father & His 7 Children Found Dead After Father… SMDH...now this is a very sad story. A Maryland father… (283,084)
- Medical Examiner Rules Death of Baltimore Man Body Slammed… SMH...they tried to lie and say he choked on drugs… (251,847)
- Creflo Dollar Says God Told Him To Endorse Donald Trump… Controversial televangelist and pastor Creflo Dollar recently announced that he… (220,388)
- Popular posts by Top 10 plugin
NYPD Cop Peter Liang Who Shot Akia Gurley In Brooklyn Stairwell Found Guilty of Manslaughter
The rookie NYPD cop, Peter Liang, who gunned down innocent and unarmed Akai Gurley in a Brooklyn housing project stairwell was convicted Thursday of manslaughter. After shooting Gurley, Liang called his sergeants cell phone in attempt to get out of his mess instead of calling the shooting in as he was required to do which also contributed to his guilty charge. Check out the details below…
The shocking verdict was a powerful message from the jury that the public’s opinion on police killings has radically changed in the wake of Eric Garner, Walter Scott, Michael Brown and other tragedies around the country.
The tension was palpable and a heavy silence filled the Brooklyn courtroom as the jury returned with the verdict just before 7 p.m.
Gurley’s family sat in the front row, as they had every day of the two-week-long trial.
“I want to thank God. The DA was a man of his word,” said Kimberly Ballinger, the mother of Gurley’s daughter. “And I thank the jurors so much.”
“We’re not rejoicing,” Gurley’s aunt Hertencia Petersen told the Daily News. “But it’s about being accountable. It’s about a girl who will never know her father.”
A look of disbelief spread across Officer Peter Liang’s face as the foreman issued the jury’s decision. He quickly buried his head in his hands.
Liang, also convicted of official misconduct, faces up to 15 years in prison when he’s sentenced April 14. He is the first NYPD cop to be convicted of a police-involved shooting in a decade. – via nydailynews
That last sentence speaks volumes. Ironic that this cop is a minority too…just saying.
Powered by Facebook Comments