- Feds Use Instagram To Arrest Over 350 Drug Dealers &… SMH...these idiots just never learn!? The DEA used drug dealer's… (1,662,619)
- LMAO…Ghostface Killah’s 3rd Annual Top 10… Ayo whattup yall its ya boy Tony Starks aka The… (1,359,679)
- Hasidic Neighborhood Exposed As Top Section 8 Beneficiary… There are many misconceptions as to which communities actually benefit… (437,521)
- NY Woman Infects Over 40 Men with HIV Virus Because She Was… As if you needed any more reasons to practice safe… (330,464)
- Teen’s Video About Wearing Suit & Ties To Defy… This is an inspiring story of a few teens who… (296,931)
- Chemist Says They’re Putting Chemicals In the Food To… Professor Tyrone Hayes has a very controversial theory about homosexuality… (296,727)
- Single Father & His 7 Children Found Dead After Father… SMDH...now this is a very sad story. A Maryland father… (283,029)
- Medical Examiner Rules Death of Baltimore Man Body Slammed… SMH...they tried to lie and say he choked on drugs… (251,830)
- Creflo Dollar Says God Told Him To Endorse Donald Trump… Controversial televangelist and pastor Creflo Dollar recently announced that he… (220,256)
- Popular posts by Top 10 plugin
It’s Official! Angie Martinez Resigned from Hot 97 to Join Power 105.1
Angie Martinez surprised everyone when she announced yesterday that she would be resigning from Hot 97 after more than 20 years of service. Rumors were swirling that Angie Martinez jumped ship at Hot 97 to join their competitor Power 105.1 and those rumors turned out to be true! Wonder how Ebro feels about that one? Check out the details below…
DJ Angie Martinez announced Wednesday she had resigned from Hot 97, ending her reign as one of the city’s most familiar voices on the radio.
“This was one of the toughest decisions I’ve ever had to make, but ultimately it is time to move on, to grow and to be challenged in new ways,” Martinez, 43, wrote on Instagram. “Saying goodbye is always emotional and bittersweet but I am extremely excited about the future.
“Today will be my last show.”
Angie posted this picture on her Instagram page explaining her departure:
This is a statement released on Power 105.1’s website this morning announcing Angie Martinez’s arrival and new time slot:
It’s official that Angie Martinez will now join the Power 105.1 family for the afternoon drive weekdays 2-6pm.
DJ Prostyle will still spin hits for us during the midday shift of 10am-2pm.
Here’s the official rundown of the shifts on Power 105.1 starting mid-July:
• The Breakfast Club- 5:30am-10am
• DJ Prostyle- Middays- 10am-2pm
• Angie Martinez-Afternoons- 2p-6pm
• DJ Clue- Evenings- 6pm-10pm
• DJ Self-Late Nights- 10pm-2am
Angie Martinez is excited to join the family and shared these words in the official press release.
“I want to thank, Thea Mitchem, Tom Poleman and Doc Wynter for this incredible opportunity,” said Martinez.
“I’m excited to join Power 105.1 in New York and The Beat in Miami and expand my brand even further in the coming months.”
The SVP of Programming, Thea Mitchem gleefully commented on Angie Martinez joining the team:
“Angie is the Queen of New York City radio – she is an incredible talent who continues to blaze trails and we are excited to have her join the team at Power 105.1 and The Beat in Miami,” said Thea Mitchem, Senior Vice President of Programming – Major Markets, Clear Channel Media and Entertainment.
“Angie has a long, successful history and we look forward to expanding her distinctive style and compelling content to more of our listeners.”
We’re happy to have Angie Martinez! – Via Power105.1
Not a bad move considering Hot 97’s enormous drop in ratings and popularity over the years, especially since Ebro took over as programming director. Hot 97, along with Ebro, have long been accused of being at least partly responsible for destroying the NY rap scene by refusing to play New York rap artists while Power 105.1’s The Breakfast Club has gained enormous popularity and is now the go-to morning show for most New Yorkers.You know your radio station is going downhill when one of your main DJs for over 20 years quits to join their competitor! Maybe now the arrogant, narcissistic egos at Hot 97 will start paying attention to the opinions of their audience and the people of New York when we say Hot 97 sucks now!
Powered by Facebook Comments