- Feds Use Instagram To Arrest Over 350 Drug Dealers &… SMH...these idiots just never learn!? The DEA used drug dealer's… (1,659,763)
- LMAO…Ghostface Killah’s 3rd Annual Top 10… Ayo whattup yall its ya boy Tony Starks aka The… (1,355,336)
- Hasidic Neighborhood Exposed As Top Section 8 Beneficiary… There are many misconceptions as to which communities actually benefit… (436,432)
- NY Woman Infects Over 40 Men with HIV Virus Because She Was… As if you needed any more reasons to practice safe… (330,082)
- Teen’s Video About Wearing Suit & Ties To Defy… This is an inspiring story of a few teens who… (296,654)
- Chemist Says They’re Putting Chemicals In the Food To… Professor Tyrone Hayes has a very controversial theory about homosexuality… (295,782)
- Single Father & His 7 Children Found Dead After Father… SMDH...now this is a very sad story. A Maryland father… (282,890)
- Medical Examiner Rules Death of Baltimore Man Body Slammed… SMH...they tried to lie and say he choked on drugs… (251,788)
- Creflo Dollar Says God Told Him To Endorse Donald Trump… Controversial televangelist and pastor Creflo Dollar recently announced that he… (218,172)
- Popular posts by Top 10 plugin
Racist or Nah? NWA Casting Call Asks for “Fine, Beyonce Type Light-skinned Girls & “Poor, Dark-Skinned Girls”?
The public casting call for the upcoming NWA movie drew enormous backlash for its casting ad which specifically requested a “light-skinned Beyonce type” to play the “fine” girl roles and darkskin African American girls to play the roles of poor, overweight women. Check it out below and let us know if you think this ad was racist or not….
This was the official casting ad that started the controversy…
SAG OR NON UNION CASTING NOTICE FOR FEMALES-ALL ETHNICITIES- from the late 80′s. Shoots on “Straight Outta Compton”. Shoot date TBD. We are pulling photos for the director of featured extras. VERY IMPORTANT – You MUST live in the Los Angeles area (Orange County is fine too) to work on this show. DO NOT SUBMIT if you live out of the area. Nobody is going to be flying into LA to do extra work on this show – and don’t tell me you are willing to fly in.
SAG OR NON UNION FEMALES – PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR SPECIFIC BREAKDOWN. DO NOT EMAIL IN FOR MORE THAN ONE CATEGORY:
A GIRLS: These are the hottest of the hottest. Models. MUST have real hair – no extensions, very classy looking, great bodies. You can be black, white, asian, hispanic, mid eastern, or mixed race too. Age 18-30. Please email a current color photo, your name, Union status, height/weight, age, city in which you live and phone number to: SandeAlessiCasting@gmail.com subject line should read: A GIRLS
B GIRLS: These are fine girls, long natural hair, really nice bodies. Small waists, nice hips. You should be light-skinned. Beyonce is a prototype here. Age 18-30. Please email a current color photo, your name, Union status, height/weight, age, city in which you live and phone number to: SandeAlessiCasting@gmail.com subject line should read: B GIRLS
C GIRLS: These are African American girls, medium to light skinned with a weave. Age 18-30. Please email a current color photo, your name, Union status, height/weight, age, city in which you live and phone number to: SandeAlessiCasting@gmail.com subject line should read: C GIRLS
D GIRLS: These are African American girls. Poor, not in good shape. Medium to dark skin tone. Character types. Age 18-30. Please email a current color photo, your name, Union status, height/weight, age, city in which you live and phone number to: SandeAlessiCasting@gmail.com subject line should read: D GIRLS – Via Gawker
After receiving backlash, the casting department claimed that the casting ad was an “innocent mistake”…
The casting agency used an A, B, C, D scale to group the women. Here’s the breakdown:
A) “Hottest of the hottest. Models” (open to women of any race)
B) “Fine … Beyonce is a protoype here” (light-skinned women)
C) African American girls … Medium to light skinned with a weave
D) “These are African American girls. Poor, not in good shape. Medium to dark skin tone.”
People were upset … since the “D” group was the only group associated with an economic class — “poor” — and it was made up of only dark-skinned, out of shape black women.
But we spoke with a rep for Sande Alessi Casting who tells us … the ad was an “innocent mistake” — and when it comes to casting the “poor” people, they’re also looking for women of various skin tones and body types.
As for people who claim the A,B,C,D grouping system was racist — Sande Alessi Casting says it’s the usual method they use to look for different types of people for any project and it wasn’t meant to offend anyone. – Via TMZ
They f’d up when they added that “poor” description for only the dark-skinned women if you ask me. Hollywood has always been on some b.s. when it comes to people of color so I’m not surprised. What do you think though? Was this casting ad racist or nah?
Powered by Facebook Comments