- Feds Use Instagram To Arrest Over 350 Drug Dealers &… SMH...these idiots just never learn!? The DEA used drug dealer's… (1,663,898)
- LMAO…Ghostface Killah’s 3rd Annual Top 10… Ayo whattup yall its ya boy Tony Starks aka The… (1,361,045)
- Hasidic Neighborhood Exposed As Top Section 8 Beneficiary… There are many misconceptions as to which communities actually benefit… (437,646)
- NY Woman Infects Over 40 Men with HIV Virus Because She Was… As if you needed any more reasons to practice safe… (395,703)
- Teen’s Video About Wearing Suit & Ties To Defy… This is an inspiring story of a few teens who… (296,993)
- Chemist Says They’re Putting Chemicals In the Food To… Professor Tyrone Hayes has a very controversial theory about homosexuality… (296,905)
- Single Father & His 7 Children Found Dead After Father… SMDH...now this is a very sad story. A Maryland father… (283,067)
- Medical Examiner Rules Death of Baltimore Man Body Slammed… SMH...they tried to lie and say he choked on drugs… (251,843)
- Creflo Dollar Says God Told Him To Endorse Donald Trump… Controversial televangelist and pastor Creflo Dollar recently announced that he… (220,347)
- Popular posts by Top 10 plugin
Self-Made Millionaire Adopts Florida Neighborhood, Cuts Crime In Half & Gives Residents Free Daycare & H.S. Scholarships [VIDEO]
In today’s ‘Good News of the Day’, we have the story of Harris Rosen. Harris has done something remarkable that should be used as a template for other crime-ridden areas in our country facing social ills like poverty and poor education. The Orlando-based founder of Rosen Resorts and Hotels, is known as the “Self-made millionaire who adopted a Florida neighborhood called Tangelo Park, cut the crime rate in half, and increased the high school graduation rate from 25 per cent to 100 per cent by giving everyone free daycare and all high school graduates scholarships.” Check out his amazing story below….
Building an Empire to Give Back
It all started when his bosses at Walt Disney World fired Harris Rosen because they weren’t convinced that he would “ever be a company man.” The rejection triggered Rosen’s determined entrepreneurialism and lead to the purchase of his first hotel in 1974. This Orlando property, a Quality Inn on International Drive, marked the beginning of Rosen Hotels & Resorts, which has grown to include several landmark hotels in Orlando. What sets Harris Rosen’s career apart is his trait of giving back. Magazines and several articles tout him as the “man who spent the first half of his career making money and the second half giving it back.”
In the early 1990s, Harris Rosen adopted a “run-down, drug-infested section of Orlando called Tangelo Park.” Soon thereafter, Rosen provided the funds to enable free preschool education for all children prior to kindergarten and free college educations for all high school graduates. The program runs through the collaboration of four Tangelo community organizations: Tangelo Park Elementary School, the Tangelo Park YMCA, the Tangelo Baptist Church and the Tangelo Park Civic Association.
The results of the Tangelo Park program are astonishing: the Tangelo Park Elementary School has been an “A” rated Florida Comprehensive Assessment Test school for six of the past seven years, crime rates have declined steadily, student Grade Point Averages (GPAs) have risen dramatically– and are predicted to exceed 3.0 in the coming years, and as of 2012 the high school graduation rate is 100%.
It wasn’t long before accolades started pouring in for Rosen. He was named Orlando Sentinel’s 2011 Central Floridian of the Year, and won the 2011 National Philanthropy Day Lifetime Achievement Award, among others. – Via GoodSpeaks
S/O to Harris Rosen for this one! Now why can’t we use his common sense solutions in every crime-ridden neighborhood in America?! This just goes to show what we can accomplish when we let go of racism and greed and concentrate on making the world a better place for ALL of our children!
Powered by Facebook Comments