- Feds Use Instagram To Arrest Over 350 Drug Dealers &… SMH...these idiots just never learn!? The DEA used drug dealer's… (1,663,898)
- LMAO…Ghostface Killah’s 3rd Annual Top 10… Ayo whattup yall its ya boy Tony Starks aka The… (1,361,047)
- Hasidic Neighborhood Exposed As Top Section 8 Beneficiary… There are many misconceptions as to which communities actually benefit… (437,646)
- NY Woman Infects Over 40 Men with HIV Virus Because She Was… As if you needed any more reasons to practice safe… (396,818)
- Teen’s Video About Wearing Suit & Ties To Defy… This is an inspiring story of a few teens who… (296,993)
- Chemist Says They’re Putting Chemicals In the Food To… Professor Tyrone Hayes has a very controversial theory about homosexuality… (296,905)
- Single Father & His 7 Children Found Dead After Father… SMDH...now this is a very sad story. A Maryland father… (283,067)
- Medical Examiner Rules Death of Baltimore Man Body Slammed… SMH...they tried to lie and say he choked on drugs… (251,843)
- Creflo Dollar Says God Told Him To Endorse Donald Trump… Controversial televangelist and pastor Creflo Dollar recently announced that he… (220,347)
- Popular posts by Top 10 plugin
Shots Fired! Michael McDonald Blasts Kanye West & His Grammy Comments
Soulful crooner and five-time Grammy award winner Michael McDonald went IN on Kanye for his comments about Beck winning Best Album of the Year over Beyonce. Kanye was quoted saying, “I just know that the Grammys, if they want real artists to keep coming back, they need to stop playing with us. We ain’t gonna play with them no more. And Beck needs to respect artistry and he should’ve given his award to Beyoncé. Because when you keep on diminishing art and not respecting the craft and smacking people in their face after they deliver monumental feats of music, you’re disrespectful to inspiration,” West continued. “And we as musicians have to inspire people who go to work every day, and they listen to that Beyoncé album and they feel like it takes them to another place.” Check out what Michael McDonald had to say in response to Kanye’s rant….
Five-time Grammy winner Michael McDonald went in on Kanye West for his comments on Beck‘s Best Album win. During an interview on The Dan Le Batard Show the singer-songwriter best known for his work with Steely Dan and The Doobie Brothers went as far as criticizing the musical talent of the man who has 21 Grammys.
“I don’t think it even really bears too much thought,” McDonald said. “It’s pretty obvious what Kanye’s problem is. When Kanye gets to a point where he can actually put a couple of notes together either vocally or two bars of valid music playing an instrument, then he might have a right to criticize somebody else. Until then I think he’s just talking to hear the sound of his own voice.”
Kanye West and Beck
McDonald went on to say he tries not to critique other people’s music, even Kanye’s, before doing just that once again. “The whole kinda cut-and-paste thing is a certain kind of artform all by itself. I don’t know if I call it songwriting from a musician’s standpoint. … Beck is obviously a consummate musician. He plays instruments, many instruments. He can make his own record without having a fleet of computer operators onboard.”
Okay Mike, tell ’em how you really feel! Does Michael McDonald bring up a good point about Kanye and his rant or nah?
Powered by Facebook Comments