Single Father & His 7 Children Found Dead After Father Tries To Heat Up Home Using Generator

SMDH…now this is a very sad story. A Maryland father and his seven children died yesterday from carbon monoxide poisoning caused by a generator they were using after the power company had cut off their electricity. The father was simply trying to provide heat for his family when tragedy struck Check out the details below…

The tragic incident took place in Princess Anne – a community of 3,260 in Somerset County, Maryland.

Princess Anne police stated in a press release to Daily Mail Online that no foul play was suspected in the deaths.

Officers who responded to the home in the 30500 block of Antioch Avenue entered the residence and found the eight family members dead inside.

Bonnie and Lloyd Edwards, encountered outside the home by a reporter from The Associated Press, identified themselves as the mother and stepfather of Rodney Todd, 36, whom they identified as the adult who died. They said Todd had seven children, including five girls and two boys.

Lloyd Edwards revealed that Delmarva Power had cut off the electricity to the house because of an outstanding bill.

Edwards said, ‘to keep his seven children warm, [Todd] bought a generator. It went out and the carbon monoxide consumed them.’

Police Chief Scott Keller confirmed to Delmarva Now that seven of the eight victims were juveniles between the ages of six and 16, but they have not been officially named as of midnight pending the notification of next of kin.

Bonnie and Lloyd Edwards, encountered outside the home by a reporter from The Associated Press, identified themselves as the mother and stepfather of Rodney Todd, 36, whom they identified as the adult who died. They said Todd had seven children, including five girls and two boys.

Bonnie Edwards identified the children as boys Cameron Todd, 13, and Zycheim Todd, 7; and girls Tynijuiza Todd, 15; Tykira Todd, 12; Tybree Todd, 10; Tyania Todd, 9; and Tybria Todd, 6.

Officers who responded to the home in the 30500 block of Antioch Avenue entered the residence and found the eight family members dead inside.

Officers observed that a gas generator in the kitchen had run out of fuel. The home had no electricity.

Chief Keller said they knew at once ‘there weren’t any live people in there.’ – via dailymail

SMH…that is so sad. It’s crazy that a hardworking single father trying to raise 7 kids couldn’t get any assistance when his utilities shut off – those are the type of people that our social safety nets really need to be helping. Its also a shame that some people have to decide between feeding their family and having heat in one of the richest countries in the world? R.I.P. to the whole family.

 

 

Leave FB Comments

Powered by Facebook Comments