- Feds Use Instagram To Arrest Over 350 Drug Dealers &… SMH...these idiots just never learn!? The DEA used drug dealer's… (1,660,603)
- LMAO…Ghostface Killah’s 3rd Annual Top 10… Ayo whattup yall its ya boy Tony Starks aka The… (1,357,009)
- Hasidic Neighborhood Exposed As Top Section 8 Beneficiary… There are many misconceptions as to which communities actually benefit… (437,001)
- NY Woman Infects Over 40 Men with HIV Virus Because She Was… As if you needed any more reasons to practice safe… (330,206)
- Teen’s Video About Wearing Suit & Ties To Defy… This is an inspiring story of a few teens who… (296,752)
- Chemist Says They’re Putting Chemicals In the Food To… Professor Tyrone Hayes has a very controversial theory about homosexuality… (296,223)
- Single Father & His 7 Children Found Dead After Father… SMDH...now this is a very sad story. A Maryland father… (282,918)
- Medical Examiner Rules Death of Baltimore Man Body Slammed… SMH...they tried to lie and say he choked on drugs… (251,802)
- Creflo Dollar Says God Told Him To Endorse Donald Trump… Controversial televangelist and pastor Creflo Dollar recently announced that he… (219,768)
- Popular posts by Top 10 plugin
Student Sandra Musujusu Discovers New Treatment For Breast Cancer!
Today’s “Good News of the Day” comes courtesy of a female student from the African University of Science and Technology, Abuja, Sandra Musujusu, has developed an alternative treatment for breast cancer! The scientific breakthrough might lead to a lasting solution in the treatment of breast cancer prevalent among women world over! Check out the details below…
This was made known on Tuesday in Abuja when the World Bank Education Director, Dr Jaime Saavedra Chanduvi with his team visited the University as part of his assessment tour of the 10 African Centres of Excellence (ACE) centres.
Musujusu’s research, using macromolecular science is aimed at developing bio-degradable polymer material which could be used as alternative for the treatment of breast cancer in the near future.
She revealed that her research focuses on triple negative breast cancer which is the aggressive sub-type of breast cancer that is common with women from African ancestry.
Musujusu, a Sierra-Leonian national is conducting the research under the sponsorship of the Pan African Materials Institute (PAMI).
Musujusu said, “My research is actually centred on the development of bio-degradable polymers for treatment of breast cancer.”
“I will be focusing on triple negative breast cancer which is actually the aggressive sub-type of breast cancer that is common with women from African ancestry.”
“I believe there is a bright future for Africa, and as a woman there is much more we can do if we are empowered. This award given to me by PAMI has empowered me to face my studies with more confidence and actually contribute to the frontier of knowledge and move Africa forward.” – via nairaland
Congratulations to Musujusu for this tremendous achievement! Cancer is a deadly disease and her work in this field will be greatly appreciated by many! This is the definition of Black Girl Magic right here and we wish her nothing but the best!
Powered by Facebook Comments