- Feds Use Instagram To Arrest Over 350 Drug Dealers &… SMH...these idiots just never learn!? The DEA used drug dealer's… (1,664,638)
- LMAO…Ghostface Killah’s 3rd Annual Top 10… Ayo whattup yall its ya boy Tony Starks aka The… (1,361,725)
- Hasidic Neighborhood Exposed As Top Section 8 Beneficiary… There are many misconceptions as to which communities actually benefit… (563,312)
- NY Woman Infects Over 40 Men with HIV Virus Because She Was… As if you needed any more reasons to practice safe… (552,235)
- Teen’s Video About Wearing Suit & Ties To Defy… This is an inspiring story of a few teens who… (297,036)
- Chemist Says They’re Putting Chemicals In the Food To… Professor Tyrone Hayes has a very controversial theory about homosexuality… (296,962)
- Single Father & His 7 Children Found Dead After Father… SMDH...now this is a very sad story. A Maryland father… (283,084)
- Medical Examiner Rules Death of Baltimore Man Body Slammed… SMH...they tried to lie and say he choked on drugs… (251,847)
- Creflo Dollar Says God Told Him To Endorse Donald Trump… Controversial televangelist and pastor Creflo Dollar recently announced that he… (220,388)
- Popular posts by Top 10 plugin
*Update: Cop Who Shot Philando Castile On FB Live Found Not Guilty
SMH….Here we go again! A Minnesota jury has found a Twin Cities cop not guilty on all counts for the fatal shooting of Philando Castile, captured on Facebook Live last summer. Check out the details below….
Jeronimo Yanez was charged with second-degree manslaughter after the July 2016 shooting of Castile, a 32-year-old cafeteria worker whom the officer pulled over in suburban St. Paul.
His death sparked national outrage as the aftermath was broadcast on Facebook by his girlfriend Diamond Reynolds, sitting next to him as he lie bleeding in the driver’s seat.
That outrage boiled over again on Friday after expectations by Castile’s family that Yanez, who the St. Anthony Police Department announced shortly after the verdict is no longer with the force, would be one of the few officers criminally convicted in a controversial police shooting.
“Damn, what is it going to take?” Castile’s mother Valerie Castile said after the verdict.
“We are devolving. We are going back down to 1969,” she added, saying that her son had cooperated with police.
“We didn’t have a man fleeing from the scene. We didn’t have a man fighting with police. We had a man who was fully compliant … If Philando could die under these circumstances, each of you could die under these circumstances,” family lawyer Judge Glenda Hatchett told reporters.
Castile tried telling Yanez that he was a licensed gun owner and had a firearm with him at the time, according to Reynolds, who said her boyfriend was shot as he reached for either his wallet or seat belt.
Officer Jeronimo Yanez
Squad car video immediately after the shooting saw him indicating that he didn’t know where the weapon was, but also saying that he told Castile not to grab it.
It also captured Castile saying “I’m not pulling it out” before Yanez opened fire, and moaned “I wasn’t reaching for it” after being shot. – via nydailynews
SMDH….There is, without a doubt, a problem with our justice system when it is nearly impossible to prosecute a police officer no matter what they do. Saying you were “scared” should not be a get-out-jail- free pass that any cop can use to justify murder. We’re thoroughly disgusted by this verdict but not surprised. The only message that is being sent by unjust verdicts like this to people of color is: Even when you comply, you may die. R.I.P. to Philando Castile, our prayers and condolences go out to his family and friends at this time.
Powered by Facebook Comments