- Feds Use Instagram To Arrest Over 350 Drug Dealers &… SMH...these idiots just never learn!? The DEA used drug dealer's… (1,660,347)
- LMAO…Ghostface Killah’s 3rd Annual Top 10… Ayo whattup yall its ya boy Tony Starks aka The… (1,356,243)
- Hasidic Neighborhood Exposed As Top Section 8 Beneficiary… There are many misconceptions as to which communities actually benefit… (436,736)
- NY Woman Infects Over 40 Men with HIV Virus Because She Was… As if you needed any more reasons to practice safe… (330,153)
- Teen’s Video About Wearing Suit & Ties To Defy… This is an inspiring story of a few teens who… (296,718)
- Chemist Says They’re Putting Chemicals In the Food To… Professor Tyrone Hayes has a very controversial theory about homosexuality… (296,078)
- Single Father & His 7 Children Found Dead After Father… SMDH...now this is a very sad story. A Maryland father… (282,906)
- Medical Examiner Rules Death of Baltimore Man Body Slammed… SMH...they tried to lie and say he choked on drugs… (251,800)
- Creflo Dollar Says God Told Him To Endorse Donald Trump… Controversial televangelist and pastor Creflo Dollar recently announced that he… (218,989)
- Popular posts by Top 10 plugin
*Update: Tulsa Cop Who Killed Terence Crutcher Blames Him For His Own Death: “He Caused This Situation To Occur” [VIDEO]
SMDH….We promised to keep you updated on this case but this woman just made this an infuriating update. The police officer facing a manslaughter trial next month for fatally shooting an unarmed black man by the name of Terence Crutcher in a controversial viral video after his vehicle broke down said race was not a factor and that Terence’s own actions caused his death. Check out the details below…
In an unusual appearance on CBS News’ “60 Minutes” on Sunday, officer Betty Shelby insisted her actions, captured on videotape, were driven entirely by the behavior of the man she shot, Terence Crutcher.
Although the footage showed Crutcher, 40, had his hands in the air as he stood beside his car in a roadway just before Shelby shot him, she said the video fails to show clearly that he suddenly reached into the vehicle in what she believed was an attempt to grab a weapon.
It was that move, and his repeated failure to heed her commands, that led Shelby, 42, to use lethal force.
“What I based everything on was his actions, his behaviors,” she said. Shelby acknowledged, however, that Crutcher was not being aggressive.
However, she also said she perceived Crutcher as reaching into his car for what she feared was a weapon, and also suspected that he was high on the hallucinogenic stimulant PCP, or phencyclidine, a suspicion born out by autopsy results.
“I saw a threat and I used the force I felt necessary to stop a threat,” she told CBS.
No firearm was found on Crutcher or in his vehicle.
Shelby has been charged with first-degree manslaughter, punishable by at least four years in prison in Oklahoma. Prosecutors say she escalated the situation and overreacted.
— 60 Minutes (@60Minutes) April 2, 2017
The case has stoked simmering anger among those who see racial bias in U.S. policing.
In videos provided by Tulsa police, Crutcher can be seen with his hands in the air shortly before he was shot.
“I don’t know what Officer Shelby was thinking when she pulled that trigger,” Tiffany Crutcher, the victim’s twin sister, told “60 Minutes.”
“What we saw on that video is what my dad always taught us to do if we were pulled over by a police officer. Put your hands in the air and put your hands on the car. And my brother did what my father taught us,” she said.
Shelby, who is on unpaid leave, said she regretted Crutcher’s death but that he was to blame.
— 60 Minutes (@60Minutes) April 2, 2017
“I have sorrow that this happened, that this man lost his life. But he caused the situation to occur,” she said.
“So in the end, he caused his own” death, Shelby said. – via huffingtonpost
SMDH…This heartless b**** is delusional?! She has taken 0 accountability for the role she played in taking an innocent man’s life and she has absolutely no remorse. She’s only facing about four years in jail and she probably will only serve half of that even if she is found guilty. This interview…better yet, this whole case is just another slap in the fact to black America. We have absolutely zero trust in justice system. And since the media loves to demonize black victims of police brutality by mentioning their criminal record even though it has absolutely nothing to do with the case, we’d also like to add that Officer Shelby had two prior domestic violence incidents on her record and was caught smoking marijuana when she was 18-years-old. What’s fair is fair in that regard but we won’t hold our breathe for justice in this case. We’ll continue to keep you posted as it develops.
Powered by Facebook Comments